Things You Should Know About Adult Diapers
Incontinence is never an easy subject to deal with. However, if you are the caregiver, for a senior in your life, you may have to face dealing with the uncomfortable subject. The good news is that there are a variety of products that are available to help both the caregiver and the senior deal with this life changing condition. One of the most important things that you should know is that there is a variety of adult diapers to help deal with incontinence.
Here are things that you should know about adult diapers-
• Pull on underwear-This type of incontinence product works best for the senior who is still mobile and active. If Your loved one can dress and undress themselves this may be the best option for them. This type of adult diaper works much like regular underwear. It can be pulled up and down and worn under regular clothing. It is made to absorb both the urine and the smell that can accompany incontinence.
• Adjustable underwear-This type of incontinence product works for the senior who still has mobility, or one who needs additional care, from a caregiver. This product is designed for men and women, and has re positionable tabs and tear away sides. This allows the caregiver to change them easily without have to completely take off clothing.
• Briefs-This product is also designed for both men and women. This type of product is used by seniors who need complete care, from a caregiver. This product will offer the maximum protection for heavy to complete loss of bladder or bowel control. Most briefs come with tape tabs for removal by a caregiver.
• Undergarment-This type of adult diaper is used for light incontinence. It is generally held in place with either an attached elastic strap or refastened with straps or buttons. This type of product is generally used by senior who are still mobile or those who require a higher level of care.
• Assorted add-ons-Many times’ incontinence can be dealt with by adding a product to existing underwear or these products can add additional protection. These types of products include but are not limited to: booster pads, inserts, and guards for men. These products can be used alone, or in conjunction with one of the adult type diapers listed above.
It is also important to note that adult diapers are no longer a one size fits all one. Today, caregivers and seniors can choose from products that are designed for either men or women, and come in a variety of sizes. This means that your senior can find the one that fits the most comfortably for them and give them the highest degree of protection.